Thursday, August 26, 2010

The first real post of a girl called Taylor

Hi there. So we've got this thing started now, and I want to talk about my current, uh...Obsession? It's a little something called Billy Elliot. I first heard of Billy Elliot a while back, but I didn't fall in love with it until I saw the musical in NYC. Of course, it was a movie before that, so I asked for the movie for my birthday.

This is Billy. Billy likes to dannnnnce. :)

This is Michael.

Michael is very pretty.

Michael sometimes wears dresses.

Billy and Michael are besties. (Also Michael miggght have a thing for Billy, and yes, the tutu is from Billy <3)

This is Billy's brother Tony. They have some sweet moments.

This is Billy and Debbie. Debbie is all right, but Michael and Billy belong together and she a little bit ruins it. (Also the whole "straight" vibe you get from Billy)

This is Billy's dad with Billy.

Mrs. Wilkinson, ballet teacher and Debbie's mom, with Billy.
I hope this has encouraged you to watch the movie. But who knows.

This is from the musical, which I also lovvvved. :D Billy and Michael are both a little less..Mature seeming in the musical, but it works. Michael is the one in navy blue with a red hat to the left and Billy is in the middle, obviously. I can't really name the rest so easily. Debbie is funnier in the musical. She seems more like a creeper to Billy than a friend.

I think these two above played them in the show I saw. (Top is Billy, bottom is Michael? Perhaps.)

Here's a video of the song Expressing Yourself:


It's not as good as the people I saw live, but you get the idea. I can't decide whether I like the generally quiet and soft-spoken Michael from the movie or the rather camp energetic Michael from the musical better. I almost think I like the subtle movie version better. But I love them both. Another character difference, I think, is Tony. Tony ends up being sweeter to Billy in the movie, even though Billy can't hear him (it's actually kind of sad) and I don't remember that so much in the musical. Could have happened without me noticing though.

Of course the movie doesn't have any singing, and focuses a lot more on Billy than I make it sound. The musical too. Now playing in Chicago! You could go see it. I want to see it again, but I'm afraid no one will be as awesome as the first people I saw in it. Just tell me if you want to watch it sometime. I want you to. :D

4 comments:

  1. I wanna watch it!! and I like how you say Billy's how straight vibe ruins it. XD funny, funny. It's sounds like a good one! let's go see it one our road trip! bwa hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I maintain Billy and Michael are meant to be. Billy just doesn't know it yet since he's only eleven. You get to see a future flash that definitely implies they keep in touch...Also do you want to watch the movie? We could have a movie watching party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sure!! cause I know you really want to. =3 when is good for you??...well, actually, I will let you know tomorrow cause that's when I'm going to get my work schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aight. You let me know tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete